Speaking My Liingo


You know how when you get a new pair of shoes or bag, you try to style every outfit around said item? It becomes your base that everything else must work with because come hell or high water, you’re wearing that new piece out of the house. That’s kind of how I feel about my new glasses – I usually wear contacts during the day and glasses at night to give my eyes a break but with this new pair in hand, I now look in my closet and gravitate towards things that will complement the frames. But, let me back up…

 I recently visited the eye doctor for my yearly appointment (AND to inquire why one of my eyes is now smaller than the other since giving birth - any other Mom's have this weird issue?!), and in addition, I had the intention of ordering new glasses. I have had the same pair for about six years now and while I still like the style, my prescription has changed and I have been looking for an update - something different, because not only have mine taken a beating over the past few years but these days, glasses are just as interchangeable as earrings and hats because they are an expression of your personality and a statement piece where fashion is just as important as function.

current frames

However, I am slightly outraged by the prices of frames in some of the larger retail venues. I don't have an extra $350 or more laying around to spend on a pair of glasses which will inevitably get bent or broken (shout out to my 9 month old who loves to take them off my face!), so I started doing my research for some more cost-effective options and remembered that I had seen multiple people on social media wearing frames from a brand I wasn't yet familiar with. In a short time, I had saved a large collection of screen shots on my phone of the SAME pair of  frames, so apparently I know what I like (just like my taste in gentlemen - dark hair, dark eyes, not TOO tall - hi husband!). I looked it up and it was "The Harper" that had been catching my eye; A champagne colored pair of round, feminine lenses with a flared temple. I loved how different they were from my classic tortoise shell frames and even though the tortoise print NEVER goes out of style, these felt a little more current and out of my comfort zone in a good way.

After falling in love with the style, I got even more excited because I found out the frames were only $129 and Liingo offers free prescription lenses (plus a free in home try-on for 10 days to try out the style). I wore them in front of Family and co-workers for a day or so to test the waters and it was unanimous: They were a hit. My boss told me the color (or lack thereof) worked well with my hair and really popped on my face, whereas my eyebrows kind of got lost with the tortoise frames. I have had them for a few weeks now and am really having fun styling them.


 I most recently wore them with my denim jumper (and please note, I had a scarf tied around my pony tail that day) so I basically felt like the real life version of Belle: #GOALS. I've also found they look great with a pop of red lipstick and a relaxed fit button up shirt and loafers, basically my go-to uniform for the office. Effortlessly chic! 



P.S.  I just noticed I am in desperate need of a manicure, ouch!
 Mother's Day gift to myself? I think so :)

Where do you guys shop for frames? Let me know if you try Liingo...
I'm know you'll be as happy with their service and product as I am.


This post is in partnership with Liingo Eyewear. As always, opinions are entirely my own. 
Thanks for supporting the brands that make Kait Lately possible! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kait Lately
Blogger Templates by pipdig