Easy Weeknight Dinners with Meez Meals

So many things have changed since we became parents - Almost all of them for the better but let's be honest, your normal routine kind of falls by the wayside once a baby arrives and this includes any semblance of healthy eating. Before becoming a Mom, I considered myself a pretty healthy eater - I regularly ate salads, quinoa, breakfast smoothies, protein, heart-healthy fats, you name it. I have a  sweet tooth but I exercised regularly and did a decent job of staying on track.

But, NOW - Now, everything has changed. It's the typical Mom situation, where I basically finish my son's leftovers at home (typically chicken tender bites or mac and cheese - so cliche, right?!) and end up snacking on anything that's quick because if I'm lacking in anything, it's time. Unfortunately, dinners usually aren't that much better. By the time my husband and/or I get home, it's a rush to make dinner for all of us, play with Ronan and get his bedtime routine done on time. I've come to enjoy cooking from scratch but it takes time to find the recipe we want to make, make a trip to the store and then stand in the kitchen chopping veggies - this is NOT reality, guys...especially with a 16 month old running around and full time job. 

So, we keep the fridge and freezer stocked with things that are easy to make: Pasta with sausage, burgers, chicken tenders, sweet potato fries, etc. These things aren't necessarily "unhealthy" but our dinners certainly aren't as nice as it used to be when we had the time to spend cooking an extensive, homemade meal and furthermore, actually sit down to enjoy it. 

This is precisely why I was SUPER excited to partner up with Meez Meals!




Do you guys know about them? I know there are so many different meal services, it can be hard to keep track but this one is nice because it's a little smaller than the others (they deliver to 9 different states), has awesome weekly menus and really DOES make it that quick and easy to cook. It is definitely my favorite service BY FAR because Meez Meals delivers everything you need to make delicious dinners from scratch which means the onions are diced, the spices are measured and all you have to do is put it all together, which is the fun part.

Here's a few reasons why I love it so far:

  • Personal delivery: A messenger brings an eco-friendly cooler to your door at the time you choose
  • There's NO subscriptions! You just get the meals you choose, whenever you want them!
  • You can set your ingredient preferences: Gluten-free, vegan, allergies - They will cater to it all.
  • No Surprises: You can check out the cooking instructions and nutritional information before you order, so you get meals just right for your family. They even include tips to lighten up recipes and rate the meals from easy to more complicated.
  • Low cost per serving: The larger the meals, the lower the cost per serving. It's value that’s family-and-entertaining-friendly.


So far, we have tried two meals and LOVED them both! Both of them were full of flavor and each unique which was nice because we got to experience tastes and combinations we wouldn't have otherwise. To give you an idea of what the recipe and instructions are like, here's what came with both of our meals:


Sweet Potato, Kale & Rice Bowl with Peanut Sauce

This was probably my favorite out of the two because I love all types of "bowls." Any rice/noodle/veggie/meat/sauce combo is great in my book and the ingredients in this one are perfect for cozy Winter nights, plus it's jam packed of healthy ingredients. I could've eaten the peanut butter sauce with a spoon and this was my first time trying tofu. I don't think it had much of a taste but it added nice texture to the bowl. Plus, I enjoy sweet potato everything (hello waffle fries!) And P.S. It even got my picky toddler to try a vegetable - I'll take it! 










Pecan Maple Salmon

This meal was EQUALLY delicious! If you asked my husband, he would confirm how many times I brought up the maple flavor and pecan topping while we were eating. I've never eaten salmon with such a rich flavor and now I feel like I never want to have it any other way, Plus, it had been a while since we roasted brussel sprouts, and MAN, I forgot how good they are. It was SO nice that the brussels were already cut up and ready to be seasoned/cooked. This meal took LESS than 20 minutes to get on the table and we felt really good when we were done - Nothing processed, just simple, healthy and homemade. 


We have two more months of meals coming up and I'm already getting antsy to try them! I always look at the weekly menu and I want to try EVERYTHING! Oh, and I've saved the best part for last...

50% off YOUR first order: Use code Kait50p at checkout

I hope you will try it and love it as much as I do. I think the best part is you don't feel any pressure if you want to try it - You don't have to remember to cancel the next week and you won't get any annoying emails about your subscription. You can just order as often (or not) as you want to. 

I will continue to share our meals on Instagram so make sure to follow me there! If you try it, let me know what you think!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kait Lately
Blogger Templates by pipdig