New Western Suburbs Coffee Roaster

If you know me well, you probably know a few of my quirky food and beverage preferences including sandwiches as my favorite food and the fact that I drink iced coffee year round. Leaves or snow, hell or high water, it's just my feel-good pick-me-up. I'm no stranger Starbucks (mainly because there's a super convenient drive-thru right next to my office), but given the choice, I would prefer a non-chain/mom & pop coffee establishment. It's one of my favorite parts of visiting new places...whether it's a surrounding suburb or a different state, I always insist we try a local coffee spot for breakfast so I was pretty thrilled to find out there's an up-and-coming coffee roaster not too far from my office.

Maple Leaf Coffee Roasters is an artisan coffee roaster based in Roselle, IL who aims to serve both the casual coffee drinker and coffee obsessive by offering a variety of roasts, origins and carefully crafted options for individuals and businesses. Founded in 2018 by husband and wife team Alex Behrens and Lynn Greetis, the MLCR duo has a mission to share their favorite coffees with friends and neighbors, as well as a way to honor their love of Canada. They strive to offer flavor choices for every palette imaginable – from the casual coffee drinker to the aficionado.

I have always had interest in opening my own coffee shop, so I asked the Maple Leaf Team questions like, "how did you get into this" (3oz at a time in the kitchen) and "when will you get to opening a cafe that I can come sit in all day?" (read all about their answer here). I also found out more about the brand and what makes them special. Find out a little more about MLCR...


THEY ARE CREATORS OF SMALL BATCH SPECIALITY COFFEE
They research, source and roast coffee in small batches and tell you on every bag when they did it (roasted on date). They are dedicated to putting quality into everything they offer and carefully crafting each and every batch to be a truly stellar cup of coffee!

THEY ARE HERE TO FIND THE BEST COFFEE FOR YOU
No matter what you drink or how you drink it, they are going to have something that fit your taste. It doesn’t matter if you are a Starbucks, Dunkin or McDonald’s coffee drinker or patronize one of their friends in the artisan roaster community — they have something for you. Most times, they feature over 10 different roasts from light to dark. Some of their coffee is available year round and some change from time to time.

THEY ARE A PART OF THE COMMUNITY
Maple Leaf Coffee Roasters is proud to be part of the Roselle business community and give back to the place they live. They partner with Roselle businesses like Little Red Ribbon, Pollyanna, Chocolate Inspirations and Orange Theory. They support local charities and organizations like the PTO, Girl Scouts, 5k’s and Trunk or Treat events.


It’s not often that those of us who live in the Midwest can walk in to a small, specialty coffee roaster and see the process in action but that's one of the best parts about this new spot. You can sign up for a tour to learn a description of the roasting process, see a live demonstration, and learn how the purchasing of beans is done. I look forward to taking a tour myself but in the meantime, I was lucky enough to try a batch of their cold brew which was fantastic! I found it to be pretty strong (which certainly helps when running after a toddler all day) and I added a little bit of almond milk to make the perfect latte at home.

If you live in or near Dupage County, make sure to stop by and support this new local business who is working so hard to become a part of the community. You can see where to find them, the hours, current roasts, tour schedules and more on their website.

Cheers!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kait Lately
Blogger Templates by pipdig