How to Style Overalls for Spring


WEARING:

Overalls: Old Navy | Top: Old Navy
Bag: E Street Denim (similar) | Heels: Sole Society (old, but similar here)
Sunnies: Old Navy




I'll be honest: I wore these to work today. I wore them to Donut Fest last weekend. I wore them to the park with my Family on Sunday. And I'll most likely wear them again before this week is over. When I love something, I tend to wear it out - That goes for songs (currently listening to the Hamilton soundtrack on repeat), food (I've been eating turkey sandwiches for 30 years) and of course, clothes. I'm on a big overall kick right now and I've decided they are basically the dresses of the denim world. They are so easy to throw on for an effortless look and in my opinion, require less getting ready time than trying to style a jeans and top combo because there are so many simple ways to style them. My go-to is usually a black and white striped but I like how I've been seeing them for Spring with a peasant/off the shoulder top. This keeps things fresh and feminine which is a great way to avoid looking like a farmer, especially if you follow my lead and add a strappy yellow block heel - typically not a farmer fan favorite.

Quick, fun story about these - I had my eye on them on the Old Navy website for a while so I recently made a pit stop to the store to try them on but the sales associate informed me they were an online exclusive. Even she looked upset by it and I left disappointed, because like I said, when I love something, I want it now/on repeat (so Millenial of me). I checked online when I got home and they were sold out! Seriously? I missed out twice and I was so bummed...

BUT THEN -- about a week later, I was in Old Navy (yes, again, Mike) and just happened to peruse the sale section to see if there were any gems. I spotted ONE pair of overalls hanging up in between a lot of other chunky Winter leftovers and figured I couldn't possibly get this lucky, right? Wrong - It was one pair in my size and they fit me perfectly. This was definitely a case of wardrobe destiny so I feel like I owe it to the overalls to wear them as much as possible. They were just waiting for me to bring them home ;)

And P.S. Both my overalls and off the shoulder top are on sale!
Click the images above to shop 💚









Do you have any overalls in your closet? 
I'm excited to add a pair of white shortalls for Summer! 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You look gorgeous girl! I have 3 pair of overalls, flare, boyfriend, & black denim. & I can't live without any of them! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

© Kait Lately
Blogger Templates by pipdig