My Everyday Momiform


Light Cardigan: c/o J. Jill  // Jeans: Fitcode
Tank: ASOS // Loafers: Shopbop - I can't find them in blue but here they are in blush!
Necklace & Bracelets: c/o Park Lane Jewelry 
Backpack: Target  - A few years old but here's a similar one!





I've always felt confident about my style and while I was blogging on Sisters Marie, I looked forward to photographing different outfits and then looking back on them over the years to see how certain points in my life were emphasized by what I was wearing. Then when I was pregnant, I became so worried about avoiding the typical Mom stereotype in every way, including my fashion sense. I cringed at the thought of wearing something "generic," and succumbing to slacking on effort just because I would have a baby. Truth is, I basically spent the first 3 months (aka my maternity leave) in leggings and a top knot which is a fine combination on a regular day but because my hormones were already running rampant and I was so tired all the time, it just felt extra lazy and made my miss the time I had to curl my hair, do my makeup and put together a cute outfit.

When I started back to work, it gave me an excuse to dress "like myself" on the days I went into the office which helped me feel more put together and recently, I've been trying to get out of my pj/s/comfy clothes even on the days I work from home, because I realize how much better it makes me feel about myself and tackling the day. I often find myself putting together a similar version of this outfit so I suppose you could call this my "everyday Momiform." I traded in leggings and an exercise tank for denim (usually high waisted and these days, uneven hem) and a graphic t/tank with a lightweight cardigan over. It's still comfortable but feels more polished and in line with my normal sense of style. Even though this is a fairly basic outfit, things like uneven hem denim and a bold lip help it to feel more on trend instead of on my way to 43 🤣 

Also, I've always loved flats and becoming a Mom has only emphasized their benefits so I have been living in this pair of loafers and these too...they are my two go-to shoes right now and a lot of days, I trade in my purse for a diaper bag (backpack). A small, leather one like this is cute if you're running errands, just need to stash a few toys/diapers and still want to look cute. It's a win-win-win!







Mom's, what is your comfortable and confidence building look?

Thanks for reading! Xo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kait Lately
Blogger Templates by pipdig