Motherhood: Blueberry Muffin Recipe


YOU GUYS! 

I am SO excited because today marks a new series on the blog, one I've been thinking about for awhile...

I feel so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing women who are Mom’s, because this is definitely one of those adventures where a helping hand and a little extra kindness goes a long way. We have access to SO much advice (sometimes too much!) but it can certainly make you feel less isolated and more confident in your parenting.

Lately, I couldn't help but think about how to take advantage of ALL the great Mama advice around me and share it with you - Whether you have a newborn at home, a child entering the rocky pre-teen years or someone in between. My intention is to start a Motherhood series right here, fueled by YOUR contributions. There's so much valuable knowledge at our fingertips and I would be so happy to help someone out, even if it’s just one person looking for advice. Every post will be different...today's is a recipe but the next one may be focused on breastfeeding or working from home. Every stage is so hard while you're experiencing it so I hope to touch on it all! 

I already have some amazing guest posts lined up from some great women I know, both in real life and through the wonderful world of social media. These ladies inspire and educate me on a daily basis and I am pretty pumped to be able to share their ideas with you.

- - -

My first guest blogger is Reshma, the crazy talented owner and maker behind Hello Lavender. She is a knitter, crocheter, painter, and artist draped in mustard yellow and running off a steady intake of coffee (and/or wine, chocolate, donuts and pizza) to bring you fun, modern handmade fashion accessories and unique hand-painted home décor signs. I promise you will find something you love on her website, whether it's a beanie or my newest favorite, her crocheted baskets which are perfect for house plants!

I have yet to meet Reshma in real life (can we make that happen this Summer, plz?!), but I have had the pleasure of following along with her knitting journey via Instagram and a Lake Geneva creatives group made up of SO many girl bosses we belong to together. Search #lakesareagirlboss if you want to see more! 

I recently shared a baking with my son post and then noticed Reshma had the same idea when she whipped up blueberry muffins with her adorable 3 year old daughter, Aria. It's a fun thing for you to share with your kids (of any age) because it not only keeps them busy but teaches good kitchen skills and involves them in a non-technology based activity.

Here is her Mom & Me Muffins recipe:


BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
Prep Time: As long as it takes because you’re having fun with your kid/s!
Cook Time: 20-25mins
Servings: 12
Ingredients:
  • cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (quick or rolled oats)
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of blueberries fresh or frozen
  • 2 tablespoons coarse sugar (optional)

Instructions:


  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
  • Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  • In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir just until all of the ingredients are combined.
  • Gently fold in the blueberries.
  • Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
  • Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the coarse sugar.
  • Bake for approximately 20 minutes until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.





Seriously, how cute is she?! And how badly do you want one of these muffins right now? :)

If you have a Motherhood topic you want to write about and share, I would love to hear it! 
Please email me: Kaitlately@gmail.com -- There's so much to talk about.

Xo,

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kait Lately
Blogger Templates by pipdig